Invisible - ARC Read & Review
**Thank
you to the author,
Sonja
J. Kaye,
and S.P.A.C.E.
Network,
for providing me with an e-ARC copy in exchange for my honest review.
All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.**
✨️ Author: Sonja J. Kaye
✨️ Genre: YA Fantasy Romance
✨️ Tropes: magical realism, found family, touch her and die, mystery MMC, fated mates, artistic FMC
⭐️ Star Rating: 3 / 5 stars
🌶 Spice Level: 1.5 / 5 peppers
⚠️ Trigger Warnings: Explicitly explored themes on page of loss and grief (loss of a MC’s parent), symptoms of post-traumatic stress from a car accident, social isolation, and violence. Not shown on page is psychological and physical abuse of a child as well as murder.
📅
Release
Date: September
3, 2026
“Olivia, you knew her. You just didn’t know part of her story.”
Seventeen-year-old
Olivia has had a tumultuous year to say the least. After losing her
mother and
being sent to live with a foster family in England, she discovers a
dormant Talent – a
supernatural ability no one else in the world has. Her small
sleepwalking problem? Turns out, it’s actually a teleportation
skill. A teleportation skill that lands her at the feet of a
mysterious boy – our
MMC, Jo – in
the middle of nowhere, unlocking an inexplicable bond between the
two. As Olivia continues to investigates her Talent, her missing
father, and the bond she shares with Jo, they’re
confronted by the person behind Jo’s deadly secrets. Now
Olivia must save the boy in the wild from a killer, even when the
killer
turn their eyes on her.
I
found myself intrigued by Invisible’s storyline. Fated
soulmates, both lost and found family, reluctant chosen one, hidden
magical realism, and a feminist heroine are all things I love to
read, especially in YA novels. Throughout the novel, these tropes
were expressed well and the storyline was overall a great read. I
really liked Pete’s character as a foster father/adoptive uncle
figure in Olivia’s life. Marvin and Ener were also great additions
to the storyline and Olivia’s new found life as well. While I was
hesitant with our MMC, Jo, at first, as we learned more about his
character, he definitely grew on me and I appreciated his character
development throughout.
However,
I found the first instalment of the series did fall short for me in a
few ways. I felt that there was more “telling” rather than
“showing” in the storyline, especially through Olivia’s POV. I
also felt shocked that Olivia was 17 in some scenarios. The way she
acted made her seem much younger or much older than she actually was.
It was only through some of the one liners that I felt her
remarks/actions matched her age. Additionally, I felt the twists
throughout the novel were a little too predictable, even for a YA
novel. With that being said, this was still a good read and a good
introduction to a fantasy romance in the YA industry. The premise of
the novel is strong enough to ensure these don’t heavily take away
from the storyline.
For
young
readers and fans
a YA fantasy romance with
found family, magical
realism, and
touch her and
die, Invisible
may be just the right read you are looking to add to your TBR.
Want to add Invisible to your TBR? Use these links to help you get there faster!
Until
next time, happy reading!!
Bella






Comments
Post a Comment