Second Edition - ARC Read & Review

 **Thank you to the author, Cleo White, for providing me with an e-ARC copy in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.**


✨️ Book Title: Second Edition
✨️ Author: Cleo White
✨️ Genre: Contemporary Romance
✨️ Tropes: second chance, single dad x nanny, forbidden romance, cottage core vibes, forced proximity, daddy & praise kinks, food play, neurodiverse representation (child with autism)

⭐️ Star Rating: 4.25 / 5 stars

🌶  Spice Level: 3.5 / 5 peppers
⚠️ Trigger Warnings: Explicit language and sexual content, themes and mentions of miscarriage, death of a parent, depression, suicide, infidelity and child abandonment

📅 Re-Release Date: August 14, 2026


        I didn’t think guys like this existed outside of my Kindle. I’m woefully unprepared.

After a one night stand with the most beautiful woman he’s ever met, Ellis Delvaux doesn’t anticipate seeing Josephine “Jo” Sutton again. Especially since he’s a single father with a full time job as the head librarian for Weston University, who claims he doesn’t have time for a relationship. When the opportunity of a lifetime arises to pick up and travel to France for a university funded project, the very woman he expected not to see again comes walking right back into his life. Only this time as the nanny who will accompany him and his daughter to France. Will the flames from their brief, but spicy, prior encounter die out, or will this only draw them closer together?

I truly adored every moment of reading Second Edition. For starters, what’s not to love about a hot librarian with a collection of books and an accent as our MMC! In addition, we have the kindest, most patience nanny who has a love for reading and a gift for teaching. Combined with the stunning scenery of the French country side, it was impossible not to be swept up in this romantic duo.

I have to give some special recognition to our FMC, Jo. I absolutely loved Jo’s character. Not only did she have the most beautiful relationship with Ellis’s daughter, Zoe (the connection, understanding, and love the two of them share made my heart melt), I also found her to be such a relatable character. From tutoring kids with special needs, to being a reader herself, to her studies and being unsure of what she wanted to do exactly (also, her commentary about how hot Ellis’s forearms looked with his sleeves half rolled up… I am right there with you girl!!), everything about her felt so much like someone I would meet in an everyday scenario. While Jo’s experience was unique to her character, it also spoke to so many other’s experiences In different ways which made her that much more tangible and realistic.

Putting the plot and characters aside for a moment, I turn to the spice and chemistry between our two main characters in Second Edition. As usual, Cleo White has nailed the spice and chemistry throughout the entirety of Jo and Ellis’s romance. Readers can expect to feel the pull and want between the two main characters leaving you on the edge of your seat for more, or giggling and kicking your feet until the very end.

Without spoiling anything in regards to the last quarter of the novel, I cannot skip over the fact that I absolutely loved the way Ellis finally laid his feelings out in full for Jo. I felt like this touch not only tied elements of the novel together beautifully, but it also made the perfect impact in Ellis and Jo’s relationship.

For reads who have always dreamed of dating a hot librarian, if you have yet to pick up this standalone second chance romance than Second Edition most definitely needs to be on your TBR.




Want to add Second Edition to your TBR? Use these links to help you get there faster!






Until next time, happy reading!!


        Bella


Comments

Popular Posts